US illegal and lie-infested War of Aggression on Syria destroys 80% of their 6th-largest city: what would you say if China or Russia destroyed 80% of Philly, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, SF, etc? Either Syrians are our Brothers and Sisters, or ‘things in the way’ of neocolonial resource domination: your call
hat tip: Global Research
The Syrian city of Raqqa was their 6th most populated, with the title of this essay listing US cities beginning at our 6th most populated.
After five months of US bombing and ~30,000 artillery shells destroying ~80% of the city, Raqqa’s population of 340,000 is now about 100,000, with perhaps 6,000 killed. 2,000 US military personnel have illegally invaded and occupy Syria.
US .01% “leaders” and corporate media report the “reason” for our tax money used for this outcome is that we shouldn’t support Syria’s democracy, and should replace their political leadership because they “gas their own people.” Hundreds of us in alternative media document the objective facts refute these claims, and the real reason is ongoing US rogue state empire dominating natural and human resources.
What are your conclusions regarding forever US wars on “terror”?
Your call, and choices have consequences that perhaps are perfectly fair with “as you give, so shall you receive.”
US ongoing rogue state empire
“It is no use trying to escape their arrogance by submission or good behavior. Robbers of the world, having by universal plunder exhausted the land, their drive is greed. If the enemy be rich, they are rapacious; if poor, they lust for domination. Neither rule of the East nor West can satisfy them. Alone among men, they crave with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To plunder, slaughter, seize with false pretenses, they give the lying name ‘empire.’ And where nothing remains but a desert, they call that ‘peace.’ ” – Tacitus, The Agricola and the Germania (analyses here, here)
The United States is the most dangerous illegal rogue state empire in human history. Among the damning facts:
- People around the world view the US as the greatest threat to peace; voted three times more dangerous than any other country.
- Since WW2, Earth has had 248 armed conflicts. The US started 201 of them.
- These US armed attacks have killed ~30 million and counting; 90% of these deaths are innocent children, the elderly and ordinary working civilian women and men (and here). The US has war-murdered more than Hitler’s Nazis.
- The total deaths caused by rogue state empire for resource control (natural and human) in the last 20 years is over 400 million, more than all total wars and violence in all recorded Earth history.
- The annual number of poverty deaths is equal in volume to a Freedom Tower in NYC. “Leaders” of “developed” nations have promised the end of poverty since 1969. Better read that again, and reflect on its meaning of what kind of “leaders” we have in the “developed” world.
- Since Operation O.I.L. (Operation Iraqi Liberation; yes, that was the oligarchs’ first name), 2.4 million Iraqis have been killed as a direct consequence.
The US is arguably worse in corruption, psychopathy, and causing misery than tragic-comic Roman Emperors. Such “leaders” certainly have the greater capacity to harm.
As a National Board Certified Teacher in History, Government, and Economics, I factually assert that rogue state empire is the most accurate description of the US.
But don’t believe me (or anyone); look for yourself in professionally thoroughly documented writing, this peer-reviewed and published paper, this White Paper circulated among Members of Congress, or this 56-minute interview to define rogue state empire with three case studies:
The only option for competent citizens: demand .01% arrests
You don't need further data than the above, and that said, there's more in abundance:
Categories of crime include:
Note: My work from 2012 to October, 2017 is on Washington’s Blog. Work back to 2009 is blocked by Examiner.com (and from other whistleblowers), so some links to those essays are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive (blocked author pages: here, here).